what is a birth doula:
- someone that understands that this is a crucial moment for a mama (life changing);
- someone that understands the physiology of birth;
- someone that understands the emotional needs of a mama during labor and birth;
- someone that assists a mama and her partner in carrying out their birth plan prior to birth and after;
- someone that helps with communication between a mama, a partner, and the care provider;
- and someone that creates a space that will preserve a mamas memory of her birth experience.
benefits of having a doula:
- "Continuous support during labor has clinically meaningful benefits for women and infants and no known harm; all should have support throughout labor and birth," (Hodnett and colleagues, 2011).
- Research shows that women who labored without continuous support had longer and harder labors.
Those who labored with a doula were:
- 28% less likely have cesarean section
- 31%less likely to use pitocin
- 9% less likely to use any pain medication
- 34% less likely to rate their childbirth experience negatively**
The meaning behind the role of doula is to offer a mama continuous labor support through delivery and postpartum. Research proves that having a doula (continuous support) greatly improves a woman's birth experience.
** all statistics were obtained from DONA International research evidence
- a complimentary meet and greet in a public place to make sure that we are the perfect fit for each other.
- This is an extraordinary time in your life, and I want to make sure that we will make the best team for your moment
- 2-3 prenatal visits at your home to discuss your birth plan and expectations
- I want to get to know you as best as possible before the birth, as well as you get to know m. The better I know you, the better I can anticipate your needs in labour.
- attendance at your birth conference with your provider (usually around 36 weeks)
- continuous phone support throughout pregnancy
- 24 hour call two weeks prior to due date and two weeks after delivery for any questions or concerns
- I will join you at your home once in active labor
- we will be in constant contact prior to that point
- continuous labor support through delivery of baby and up to 2 hours postpartum or until breastfeeding is initiated
- 1-2 postpartum visits where we discuss the birth
- lactation support as needed
- referrals for anything you might need (my knowledge is now your knowledge)
I am currently accepting clients for 2018!!!
benefits of encapsulations:
- helps to prevent postpartum bleeding
- reduces the onset of postpartum depression
- significantly increases energy of the new mama
- helps to promote milk production
- helps to naturally increase iron levels
- helps to aid the uterus in its change back to its pre-pregnancy state
- helps to bring hormone levels back to balanced
- pick up & drop off from your home
- prep of the placenta
- written instructions on how to use & store capsule by email and verbal instructions at drop-off
- cord art
- photographs of the placenta sent via text or email (if desired)